Military DischargeMilitary Discharge<h1 style="text-align:center;">Notice to Burke County Veterans</h1><p><br>The Burke County Register of Deeds office is the custodian for all recorded military discharges that are presented for recording in Burke County.  </p><p>We encourage all veterans that reside in the county of Burke to record their military discharges (DD-214) with our office.  If a veteran has recorded his discharge in another county or state and now resides in Burke County, we recommend that the veteran also record his or her discharge in the current county of residence.</p><p>Veterans may come in to record their Military Discharge (DD-214) in our office 201 South Green Street, Morganton NC 28655. There is no charge to record a Military Discharge and a complementary certified copy will be provided.</p>