Obtain a CopyObtain a Copy<p>There is no charge to obtain a copy of a military discharge.</p><p>In accordance with the statute G.S. 47-113.2., the following parties are authorized to record or obtain copies of military discharges:</p><ol><li>The subject of the document or the subject's widow or widower.</li><li>Agents and representatives of the subject authorized in writing:</li><ol><li>By the subject or subject's widow or widower in a notarized authorization,</li><li>By a court to represent subject, or</li><li>By the subject's executor acting on behalf of a deceased subject.</li></ol><li>Authorized agents of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, or a courst official with an interest in assisting the subject or the deceased subject's beneficiaries to obtain a benefit.</li><li>Agents or representatives of the North Carlina State Archives.</li></ol><p>The above parties must provide government issued identification to request a copy of the military discharge.  Requests can be made in office at <strong>201 South Green Street Morganton NC, 28655.</strong></p>