The mission of the Burke County Register of Deeds office is to accurately record, preserve, and maintain all vital and land records in accordance with the laws established by the State of North Carolina.
Our office will strive to be accountable to the citizens of Burke County by being a county office that is effective, cost efficient, and a leader in customer service.
The Burke County Register of Deeds office will be a responsive, forward-thinking and service oriented office in constant pursuit of excellence.
- We value our customers and will be responsive to our customer's needs by providing our customers with courteous and professional services.
- We will perform our duties proficiently and we will be dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to the citizens of Burke County in the most efficient and effective manner.
- We will take pride in our job and be committed to treating all people in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- We will work cooperatively to accomplish the common goal of being ethical and impartial to all.
- We will promote forward-thinking to meet the needs of the citizens of Burke County.
- We will strive to meet your customer service expectations or provide you with a logical explanation of why we are unable to meet your request.
- We will consistently ask for feedback from our customers to improve our professional skills, the operation of our office, and our customer service.
- We will continually strive to improve or enhance our services to meet the citizen's expectations.
Stephanie A. Norman
Burke County Register of Deeds