Animal Advisory Board
The Animal Advisory Board is a 7-member citizen advisory board created by the Commissioners in 2017 to:
- Study issues related to the animal shelter, including organization and operation of the facility and provides recommendations to the Board of Commissioners, County Manager, and Animal Control Director.
- Review and make recommendations as determined by the "majority" of the voting board members regarding ordinances relating to the control and welfare of animals in the County.
- Supply reports to the Board of Commissioners as the Board may require.
- Perform quarterly audits to ensure proper care and recordkeeping of all Approved Rescue Groups.
- Provide positive support and public awareness of the Animal Control Services programs
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.