Community level data is ever-changing. We will continue to update this page as new information is gathered. Here are the public sites we recommend when looking for Burke County specific data:
- Burke County - NCIOM
- Nom to be a resource to support efforts to improve health across North Carolina
- CDC BRFSS Questionnaire
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) is the nation’s premier system of health-related telephone surveys that collect state data about U.S. residents regarding their health-related risk behaviors, chronic health conditions, and use of preventive services. Established in 1984 with 15 states, BRFSS now collects data in all 50 states as well as the District of Columbia and three U.S. territories. BRFSS completes more than 400,000 adult interviews each year, making it the largest continuously conducted health survey system in the world.
- CDC COVID County Tracker-Burke County
- This site provides an integrated, county view of key data for monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. It allows for the exploration of standardized data across the country. The footnotes describe each data source and the methods used for calculating the metrics. For the most complete and up-to-date data for any particular county or state, visit the relevant health department website. Additional data and features are forthcoming.
- Census Bureau-Burke County
- The Census Bureau is the federal government’s largest statistical agency. We are dedicated to providing current facts and figures about America’s people, places, and economy. Federal law protects the confidentiality of all the information the Census Bureau collects.
- County Health Rankings-Burke County
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps (CHR&R) is a program of the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.