To ensure that all elections in Burke County are conducted per NC General Statutes while providing smooth and fair elections for all voters.
- How do I request an absentee ballot?
Call our office at 828-764-9010. We will verify that you are registered to vote and that your address is correct. We will then send you a request form in the mail. Fill that out and return it to us.
- I received an absentee request form in the mail but did not request one. Is this legitimate?
Yes, those are legitimate. Several voter related agencies and party affiliates are sending out absentee request forms using their mailing lists. Feel free to fill that out and send it back to us. If you prefer one from the Board of Elections, call us and we will take care of you.
- I called and requested an absentee form but have not received it yet. Can you track it?
Unfortunately, we cannot track requests that are sent out. Once we receive your filled-out request, it is entered into the system and then we can verify that it has been returned.
- I am not registered to vote or have not voted in years. Can I still request an absentee ballot?
Absolutely. Along with your absentee ballot request, we will send you a registration form to fill out and send back to us. It is imperative that the registration form be returned ASAP. The last day to register for the Nov. 8th 2022 election is October 14th @ 5:00pm.
- What is the deadline to request an absentee ballot?
November 1st 2022 by 5:00 p.m. for registered voters
- What is the deadline for my ballot to be returned?
If returned by mail, can be postmarked by Nov 8th 2022 & rec’d in our office by November 11th @ 5:00pm… In person drop offs to our office must be done by November 8th @ 5:00pm