Public Access Limited to Non-Emergency Offices Except by Appointment
Morganton, N.C. – In keeping with state and federal recommendations related to COVID-19, Burke County Government will temporarily limit access to non-emergency offices, except by appointment, effective at 8:00 a.m. on March 20, 2020 until further notice. Burke County is committed to serving the needs of our citizens while limiting the potential spread of COVID-19 and / or other infections. This limited access will not affect Burke County Emergency Services.
Non-emergency departments and their phone numbers are listed below and will require an appointment:
- Animal Services – 828-764-9588
- Community Development (Planning, Zoning, Code Enforcement) - 828-764-9030
- Cooperative Extension - 828-764-9480
- County Manager’s Office – 828-764-9350
- Elections – 828-764-9010
- Finance - 828-764-9050
- Fire Marshal – 828-764-9323
- General Services Landfill - 828-764-9066 / Water & Sewer – 828-764-9063
- Health Department - 828-764-9150
- Environmental Health - 828-764-9240
- Human Resources – 828-764-9080
- Information Technology (IT) – 828-764-9410 – 828-764-9420 (GIS/Land Records/Mapping)
- Burke County Public Library (Morganton) – 828-764-9260 (Valdese) – 828-874-2421 (Hildebran) – 828-764-9283 *Appointments only available to students for computer use. Curbside book pickup is still available. Please see the Burke County Public Library Facebook page for more information.
- Recreation - 828-764-9090
- Register of Deeds - 828-764-9340
- Burke County Senior Centers – 828-430-4147
- DSS - 828-764-9600
- Soil & Water Conservation - 828-439-9727 Extension 3
- Tax Office - 828-764-9430
- Veteran Services - 828-439-4376 *All business will be conducted via telephone, email, or fax.
The status of COVID-19 is constantly being evaluated and additional information will be announced as needed.