March 27, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: COVID-19 Burke County Media Briefing
Burke County’s Response to COVID-19
• The health department has tested approximately 78 individuals with continual daily testing as testing materials are available
• Of those 78, 67 results have been received and negative and 2 positive cases for Burke County residents
• Public information line has been opened Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm for those with questions can call 828-764-9388.
• After hours, general questions can be directed to NC Public Information Line at 1-866-462-3821
Update from Department of Health and Human Services – Division of Vocational Rehabilitation/ WorkSource West
• Vocational Rehabilitation is currently operational, with most staff teleworking, to continue to provide employment services for individuals with disabilities.
• We have limited staff at our 200 Enola Road, Morganton, NC site with restricted visitor access only in the front lobby.
• WorkSource West, our Community Rehab Work Program, has suspended training for all consumers until further notice per DHHS leadership.
• You can call 828-608-5600 to discuss how to apply for services or to inquire about assistance in finding a job.
• If you are an employer and need help connecting to qualified applicants, please let us know!
• For questions regarding services please email the Facility Director, Sascha Prebor, at firstname.lastname@example.org