COVID-19 Triage Plus
Patient Information and Support Line
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Seven days a week
The COVID-19 pandemic is putting a tremendous strain on you, the people on the front-line in efforts to control the pandemic. Community Care of North Carolina, Inc. (CCNC) is pleased to announce a toll-free helpline aimed at answering your patients’ COVID-19 questions and helping them find the care they need. Our mission is to help patients while reducing the immediate demands on your office staff. We’re calling the new helpline COVID-19 Triage Plus. COVID-19 Triage Plus will begin operations on Monday, April 6.
COVID-19 Triage Plus aims to reduce the number of phone calls you are getting by providing a new information channel and addressing care management needs. COVID-19 Triage Plus staff will triage patients using the latest CDC/NC DHHS guidelines. CCNC’s Triage RNs will attempt to close the feedback loop by identifying high risk callers linked to your practice and referring them back to you. Our aim is to help you keep track of your vulnerable patients.
COVID-19 Triage Plus staff are local, NC-licensed RNs experienced in care management who will assist any North Carolina resident regardless of insurance coverage or lack of coverage. Through an agreement with the NC Department of Health and Human Services, CCNC will staff this helpline from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven days a week.
What COVID-19 Triage Plus Staff Can Do
- Clinical Triage
- Provide latest information on COVID-19
- Care coordination services:
- SDOH referrals to community resources (211, Poison Control, etc.)
- Follow-up calls to patients in quarantine/isolation
- Encourage use of telehealth options
- Support providers with guidance on:
- Medicaid coding
Outbound Calls (Medicaid Only)
- Transitional Care and Complex Care Management
- ED follow up for patients with flu-like illness
- Chronic disease management
- Children with special healthcare needs
- Patients at risk for COVID (> 65, chronic conditions)
- Pregnant women
How Your Practice Can Help
- Include the COVID-19 Triage Plus number in outgoing messages to your patients so we can help reduce your call volume
- Assist CCNC in identifying additional care coordination outreach needs (e.g., RN assistance in returning triage calls for over-burdened practice staff)