April 10, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: COVID-19 Burke County Media Briefing
Burke County’s Response to COVID-19
• Burke County is reporting 54 positive cases. The cases consist of both traveling and community spread. All positive cases are isolated and Public Health staff continues to investigate the cases and will be locating those close contacts to help contain the spread of the infection.
• Public information line has been opened Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm for those with questions can call 828-764-9388.
• During the Easter holiday and on weekends for COVID-19 general questions, you can contact the NC Public Information Line at 1-866-462-3821
• Easter is a time to spend at with church members, family, and friends, but this Easter will look different. It is imperative that church goers please not congregate together and listen to Easter services live streamed, You Tube, etc and eat together as a family.
• Do not have any Easter egg hunts except with your family in your own yard (less than 10 people) and not a neighborhood or community egg hunt.
Just a reminder again from Burke County Commissioners:
• Visit this You Tube link for an important Video Public Service Announcement message to Burke County residents: https://youtu.be/_MrU_tobYPE
If you have any further questions or need additional information, contact the Burke County Public Information Line at 828-764-9388, Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm and after hours the NC Public Information Line number is provided as a resource to contact. The operator will answer your questions or direct you to the correct person to answer your questions. Or you can also visit the Burke County COVID-19 webpage at www.burkenc.org/COVID-19. If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 and inform the dispatcher that you have symptoms listed for COVID-19.