The Burke County Commissioners and Management team remains committed to providing an open, transparent public process even amidst the challenges we face due to the local and global health pandemic, COVID-19. The Board of Commissioners and county staff are working diligently to ensure operational continuity in these challenging and uncertain times. For everyone’s protection during the COVID-19 pandemic and to comply with the Governor’s executive orders, the Burke County Board of Commissioners intends to conduct its April 21st regular/special meeting electronically. Do you want to participate in the civic process from the comfort and safety of your own home? If so, please see the information below:
Citizens that want to address the Commissioners during the “Informal Public Comments” portion of the meeting are encouraged to submit their comments to Kay Draughn, Clerk to the Board, by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 in one of the following ways:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. US Mail: Burke County, Attn: Kay Draughn, P.O. Box 219, Morganton, NC 28680
3. Hand-delivery: Burke County Governmental Offices, 200 Avery Avenue (2nd Floor) in Morganton.
Again, whatever method you choose to use, your comments must be received by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 in order for them to be read aloud during the meeting.
As a reminder, citizens may tune-into the meeting by:
1. Joining the virtual platform by computer or telephone (contact Kay Draughn, Clerk to the Board, for the connection credentials),
2. Watching the live stream video on the County’s YouTube channel, BurkeCountyNC,
3. Watching the recorded meeting on COMPAS Cable Channel 2 and Spectrum Cable Channel 192.