NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF REGULAR MEETING
NOTICE OF SPECIAL VIRTUAL MEETING BURKE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Notice is hereby given that the Burke County Board of Commissioners’ regular meeting scheduled for April 21, 2020 at 6 p.m. in the County Board Room, 110 N. Green Street in Morganton is canceled.
Notice is hereby given that the Burke County Board of Commissioners will hold a VIRTUAL special (regular) meeting via Zoom on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. Zoom provides video, phone, and chat services through a cloud-based and peer-to-peer software platform.
Citizens may watch and/or listen to the virtual special (regular) meeting by:
- Joining the Zoom platform by computer or telephone (contact Kay Draughn, Clerk to the Board, at 828.764.9354 or email@example.com for connection credentials by 3 p.m. on April 21, 2020, first-come first served; or
- Watching the live stream on the County’s YouTube Channel, BurkeCountyNC; or
- Watching the recorded meeting on COMPAS Cable Channel 2 and Spectrum Cable Channel 192.
Citizens that want to address the Commissioners during the “Informal Public Comments” portion of the meeting are encouraged to submit their comments to the Clerk by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Mail: Burke County, Attn: Kay Draughn, P.O. Box 219, Morganton, NC 28680
- Hand-delivery: Burke County Governmental Offices, 200 Avery Avenue (2nd Floor) in Morganton.
Comments received by the deadline will be read aloud by the Clerk during the virtual meeting.
The purpose of the special (regular) meeting is to take action on the following items:
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
- September 3, 2019, BOC Recessed Meeting
- September 17, 2019, BOC Regular Meeting
- October 1, 2019, BOC Pre-Agenda Meeting
- October 15, 2019, BOC Regular Meeting
- November 5, 2019, BOC Pre-Agenda Meeting
- November 19, 2019, BOC Regular Meeting
AS - Pet of the Month - Presented by Kaitlin Settlemyre, Animal Services Director
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS CONSENT AGENDA
- BOC - Resolution Supporting Proposed FY 2019-2021 Biennium Budget
- Clerk - Appointments to CPCF Team
- Clerk - Resolution Supporting SCFAC
- Comm. Dev. - Accept 2020 Abandoned Manufactured Home Grant
- Comm. Dev. - Accept Recreational Trails Program 2020 Grant Contract - Northwest Gap 2
- Comm. Dev. - Accept Recreational Trails Program 2020 Grant Contract - OVNHT Boardwalk
- Comm. Dev. - Resolution to Support 2021 Recreational Trails Program Grant
Application - OVNHT/FFST Canal Bridge
- Comm. Dev. - Accept STBG-DA Grant Agreement - Linville Dam
- Health Dept. - Acceptance of COVID-19 Crisis Response Funds New Item
- Tax Dept. - Tax Collection Report for March 2020
- Tax Dept. - Release Refund Report for March 2020
REPORTS AND COMMENTS
BOC - Reports & Comments - Presented by Johnnie Carswell, Chairman
Clerk - Boards and Committees Vacancy Report - Presented by Kay Draughn, Clerk to the Board
BOC - Closed Session to Discuss Threatened or Pending Litigation, to Preserve the Attorney-Client Privilege, to Discuss Economic Development Matters and to Discuss Personnel Matters (If needed.) - Presented by Johnnie Carswell, Chairman
Notice given this 16th day of April 2020.