July 1, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: COVID-19 Burke County Media Briefing
Burke County’s Response to COVID-19
• Burke County is currently at 1048 positive cases. These are cumulative cases for the county. If you want to see a breakdown of the cases please go visit the https://www.burkenc.org/dashboard webpage and view the data dashboard. The dashboard is updated late in the evening every day.
• Some of these cases numbers are from outside testing from last week and we just received notification.
• Para español llame al 764-9150 y presione el número dos. Si nadie contesta deje un corto mensaje con su nombre y numero de teléfono.
Updated Information on NC Dept of Health and Human Services Website:
• New tools resources posted to help spread the word at www.ncdhhs.gov
• Check My Symptoms – gives information about symptoms of COVID-19 and answers frequently asked questions
• Find My Testing Place – gives information on permanent testing sites or can find multi-day pop-up testing events in NC communities
• Along with a lot of additional information about prevention of COVID-19
Update from Burke County:
Please take a few minutes to help Burke County receive critical community funding for future important projects by completing the 2020 Census. You can complete the census online, phone or mail.
• Online at www.2020census.gov
• By phone at: English – 844-330-2020
Spanish – 844-468-2020
Also have other phone numbers for other languages located at www.2020census.gov/en/contact-us.html
• Complete the paper copy that arrives in your mailbox
Please don’t forget to complete the census as soon as possible.
Pleases remember: All residents are required to wear a face covering inside and outside when you cannot physically distance yourself more than 6 feet away from others. Public Health would please ask that you follow the community requirement.
In just a few short days, the 4th of July holiday will be here and we know that getting together for this holiday has been part of the holiday and tradition. Public Health needs people to be aware of the risks of having parties and getting together in large groups (more than 10 indoors and more than 25 outdoors). We encourage residents not to gather in groups on or at the lake, people’s houses for cookouts and parties unless you can stay away from each other, wear a face covering and wash your hands frequently. These activities could cause another spike in cases within the county.
If you have any further questions or need additional information, contact the Burke County Public Information Line at 828-764-9168, Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm. After hours, weekends and holidays, please leave a message and your call will be answered as soon as staff returns. Or you can also visit the Burke County COVID-19 webpage at www.burkenc.org/COVID-19.