SPECIAL UPDATE: CENSUS TIMELINE SHORTENED
END OF SELF-RESPONSE AND DATA COLLECTION IS NOW SEPTEMBER 30th
4 MILLION NORTH CAROLINIANS STILL NEED TO BE COUNTED
As you may have heard, there have been additional developments with the 2020 Census and the US Census Bureau has SHORTENED the self-response period from October 31 to September 30. Last week the US Senate, with support from the President’s Administration, indicated they will not approve an extension to the deadline for producing apportionment and redistricting data.
Statement from US Census Bureau
As of July 31, approximately 4 million North Carolinians still need to respond to the census or North Carolina risks losing out on an estimated $7.4 billion in funding each year. It is critical that we get more North Carolinians to respond to the census quickly to avoid an undercount and inaccurate representation for your communities.
Help Get Everyone Counted:
- Challenge family, friends & neighbors
- Follow @nccensus on Twitter and Facebook
- Post on your social media & websites
- Sign up for the weekly NC Census Digest
- Submit articles to community newsletters
- Post in neighborhood apps or online groups
- Organize a text campaign or phone bank
- Hang fliers in grocery stores and essential sites
The North Carolina Complete Count Commission has resources to help you spread the word. Please visit our website and the NC Census Outreach & Engagement Toolkit for free digital resources and information.