Can I build a “tiny house” on my property?

Yes, a plan for a tiny home that meets the requirements of the NC residential building code may be approved for sites in Burke County.  As with all residential development, the process starts with a zoning permit and is followed up with a building permit.

Show All Answers

1. Do portable storage sheds require a zoning permit?
2. What is the fee for a basic zoning permit?
3. Can I live in a recreation vehicle/camper in Burke County?
4. Do prefabricated open sided carports require a zoning permit?
5. I am looking to get a perc test for a possible septic system for property I am looking to purchase. Do in need a zoning permit?
6. I want to build a “barndominium” on my property. Is that allowed?
7. Can I build a “tiny house” on my property?